Friday, June 10, 2011

One Month!

The past few weeks have been fun. We've had a lot nicer weather, so I've definitely been enjoying that! I have been able to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. The softball team I used to scorekeep for is still playing, and some of the guys are still on the team. It's awesome to see Steve, Geoff, Dan (both of them), Mike, Nick and the others play.

Reata and I are going out to play with the horses tonight. I'm excited; I haven't been out there for a few weeks. Should be fun.
UPDATE: Reata and I got there and had just got to the horses when the Dalton Tornado sirens went off. Needless to say, we did not ride. We did however get to catch up and spend some time together. God is good.

So the big event in the past week was spending last Saturday with Bryon, my godson. His mom was in a dance recital, so he got to spend the day with his godmom :) We had so much fun. We went shopping for graduation stuff, crashed Joe Schaers grad party.. that was fun. Then we got to play outside in the corn fields, on the playset, watching tractors, playing with chickens. Oh the little city boy that he is had so much fun on a farm :) He loves being outside. I never found out how he slept that night because the minute we got home from playing, he crashed. He slept for a good two hours before his mom came to get him.








Yesterday, my friends little girl Makaila had her 2nd birthday party. It was really nice to catch up with that group of friends and swap stories. I'm loving being home and being able to catch up.

My room has made no progress, but it will. I'm looking for some cheap white paint to start to paint the walls to get rid of their dark color so I can put the real paint on it. I can't wait for it to start!

Its definitely a bit shorter than most my posts, but that's about all I've been up to. Oh and planning for a mission trip in a few weeks. I'm trying to remember all of my camp games and songs to take with us to Chicago to teach the kids that come to our day camp. If anyone has suggestions of games for elementary kids that are appropriate, and if they can have a Bibical lesson applied, that would be awesome, but if not, I will still welcome any suggestion!


Oh I forgot one other thing. So fireworks show in Brewster. So cool. We got to sit by the rail yard and watch the trains as well as go through the rail yard after the show. So cool. Awesome friends, awesome show, awesome time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...