Thursday, June 23, 2011

Awe Inspiring

What an amazing week! Vacation Bible School started this past Sunday, and I cannot even begin to tell you just what a blessing it was to be a part of this year's program.

Hannah, my fearless co-family leader, was thrown into the midst last Thursday when we convinced her to join us for VBS. Kristan was our third family leader, and let me tell you, the Giza crew from this year was a phenomenal 'family.'

If you've never volunteered for something like VBS, I highly recommend doing it at least once. You may go in thinking that this is all about the kids, but then God does His own thing (like He is normally prone to do) and turns the table on you, effectively letting you hear and experience exactly what you needed to do. And as always, I was not an exception to this ordeal. I like to call it 'Divine Timing.' I tend to feel behind in something, or feel like I should be doing something else, or feel like maybe I'm not doing anything worth doing at the moment, and there God is to tell me otherwise. I am always right where I need to be.

Anyways, back to VBS. We had a 'family' of about 14 kids. I'm not sure how old they are, now that I think about it, but I'd assume 2nd-4th grade... Don't quote me, but that's a rough estimate. What cuties. I love working with kids, seeing their innocence and just raw faith. It is unbelievably encouraging. I had a blast doing crafts, games, Bible story time (we followed Joseph through his life story), singing, dancing, oh and of course snacks.

I can't wait for this Sunday to hear the kids sing again and tell us about their week. If you feel up to it, this Sunday, church will be an amazing experience. Seeing the kids just having fun and praising God is just awe inspiring. 10:15, Stanwood Church.. You should be there.

I will try to post some pictures whenever they come out. Oh and tell you about the past week. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...