Sunday, January 6, 2013

You've got to be kidding me...

It has been quite the whirlwind around here for the past two months.  A total roller coaster ride.  It's kind of surreal now that I'm on the other end of it.

It was pretty much a 'You've got to be kidding me' kind of month... make that 2 months.  But here I am, still kicking, still having fun, and definitely still learning.

My blog should probably be name the recap blog since that's all I seem to be good at doing here, but here's another recap for people who haven't been quite in the loop.

Around Thanksgiving, I had the blessing of getting shingles.  Not a terrible case of it, well it was pretty bad looking back when it was super active, but totally manageable (thank you dance training for pain tolerance, haha).  I was under doctors orders to lay in bed and watch movies.  To sleep a lot and relax.  Not the worst orders in the world, haha.  While I was recovering, I ran into some lovely cramps, only to be topped off by a bad case of the flu cold (it wasn't the flu).  I don't get sick.  I'm the healthy one.  My brothers were the ones who had to go to doctors.  Not me. Thus, it was a little bit new for me.

So yeah, whatever, it was kind of bad.  But I have a pretty sweet family and some wicked awesome friends that helped me.  And spent time with me.  And my co-workers pretty much rock and took care of me.  God's blessed me with amazing people and I think I kinda forgot about that. And I'm super grateful for it.

I also got something else out of my illness.... I now have a brilliant built-in excuse to not stress and to go to bed since the shingles vaccine hasn't been approved for people under 50... and once you've had it, you are at a higher risk to get it again.  Yay for no stress (or the excuse to let go of it)!

http://www.svsgea.com/images/shingle%20mill72006001.jpg
All this talk reminds me of a shingle mill...
Which obviously makes wooden shingles (duh!) 
It was the second thing that I 
ever ran the steam engine solo on...
Kind of a cool fact - one I'm proud of :)

There's a bunch more to talk about, but this one was getting pretty long.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...