Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pecan Pie

My favorite pie would have to be Pecan Pie.  I don't know why, but it is.  I like coconut cream or peanut butter pie, occasionally I'll enjoy apple, but pecan pie wins any day. 

And like I discussed with Marco last night, it looks like its a super hard pie to make!!!  Definitely. Not. True.  

Yay for pie!  And great aprons :)

I joined a cookbook club (and as Marco would say, took one step closer to my 'granny' image along with my knitting and sewing) and we had to pick something to make from the selected cookbook.  I love making desserts, so I thought I'd try something different and go with an appetizer, only to be brought back to the dessert section. 

Complete with a secret ingredient of bourbon along with a cheater pie crust... I'd say it turned out well!
I've never made a pie on my own before, so this was my first attempt.  It was so easy!  And it tastes great.  

I'm looking forward to my next attempt, but for now thought I'd share with you a bit of what goes on in the kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...