Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Life Changing

Practice makes perfect... a saying I heard a lot between being a dancer and a musician.  And while perfection is not attainable, practice does get you closer than if you didn't.  

I'm currently going through the book One Thousand Gifts, which is about being thankful for the gifts that God has given us.  The dare is to list 1000 things that we love that God has given us.  

Tonight we were talking about how cool it would be to live by always looking for God's gifts in the situation. But also how we are going to have to learn how to do that, and by starting our own lists, we can start to live like that.  

It got me thinking...

I talk about Marmon a lot.  My life changed there.  God changed me.  And life has never been the same.  At camp, everything was about Him.  E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. 

Waking up, walking to the barn, grooming a horse, a tree on a trail ride, lunch time, archery, rope making, feeding the bunnies, dinner, launching eggs from a tall ladder, wrestling an inflatable crocodile in the 'Amazon,' campfires, laying in bed with the lights out.  Wherever you were, you were supposed to find God in that moment.  As a counselor, how can you show these kids God's love in every moment of every day of their life?  Starting with camp.  

It. was. life. changing.


One week of that would have been amazing.  Try 10 weeks of it in a row and then we're really talking. I learned to see God in everything that I do, see, and experience. It turned my life around.  And I'm forever grateful for it. 

Thus, I'm really excited to start this book study and make looking for the gifts God gave me a part of my life.  It will be life changing.  I can already feel it.  

Thank you Lord for all you've given me, for the opportunities to see Your love.  For the experience at camp that changed my life.  For this new study that I pray will continue to open my eyes up to Your grace in this life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...