Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Brandy, my bed just ate my homework"

Ahh! I'm sitting here writing a paper when the sheet of notebook paper with my notes on it slips between the bed and the wall (meaning I can't find it as it is now in the abyss of my room).  This bed doesn't move, courtesy of having no bed frame, so getting this sheet of paper seems to be impossible.  Which leads to my newest thought: Procrastination will be the death of me (or maybe it will prolong my life, I'd be late to my own my own funeral...)

I will be up late tonight to finish my paper, in which all the research has been done for 3 weeks, that will be extremely easy to write,  that is due tomorrow.  This will cause a lack of sleep, a long Thursday, a grumpy demeanor, as well as the fact that I had to be distracted during conversations tonight so that I could finish this paper.

While I find myself in this position tonight with this paper, this happens all the time!!! It's always one thing or the other, with the excuse "I'll do it tomorrow, I'll have time later, I've got more important things to do with my life right now," etc. etc. So yes, I see it in my school work, but I see it in so many aspects of life.  From family, friends, school, my house, and most definitely my spiritual life.  Ahh!

If you take a look at Jesus' life, the most important thing to Jesus at any given time was the person right in front of Him.  Not to diminish the fact that He was definitely here for a purpose other than that, but honestly, the person right in front of Him was the most important person right then and there.  I fail at this. Someday time will not run my life. [Side note, someday I hope to live on a farm and live a simple life, but that's a topic for another day].  Someday I will not rush from one thing to another, losing myself in my schedule.  How does this relate to procrastination you may ask?  Well I procrastinate with people.  I have a list of so many people I need to catch up with, have coffee/tea with, to write thank you cards to, etc.  I have a list, literally.  It will eventually get all done, but I put people on a list.  A list that has been ongoing for 8 weeks!

School work and house work I feel is self explanatory.  Homework is always done the night before (more like hours before), or in all honesty, not done at all.  My room = piles of stuff to be put away [speaking of which, I need to move my laundry to the dryer...] The kitchen, well I think I said enough about that in my last post.

But I think what I'm bothered by the most is my procrastination in my spiritual life.  I love reading the Bible, especially the Old Testament.  I'm currently in Joshua, so there is all kinds of action going on, big huge battle scenes, tens of thousands of soldiers going at it in old fashioned warfare.  Kinda cool (and people think the Bible is boring...) I get into the Word, and I can't get enough of it.  But it's a matter of actually getting into the Word.  I try to read when I wake up, but then I oversleep because I was up so late.  So then I try to read before I go to bed, but then I justify that I'll just read in the morning because I'm too tired now.  <=Procrastination at it's finest.  To combat this, I now have a Bible in my bookbag so if I have time, I pull it out.  It's definitely helped.  Prayers are much appreciated as I struggle with this battle.  I pray that I can combat this just like Joshua :)

Leaving the topic of procrastination, I haven't updated you on life for a while.  What a fun two or three weeks it has been!  It's been a busy few weeks, but a lot of fun.

I finally made a decent meal, even if it was hamburger helper
Riding at BG started up.  We are now at a new barn and have another coach, so it's been a learning curve trying to get used to one another.  I'm enjoying it!  I love having something in my life that is truly, honestly just for fun.  I've never really had that before.  Kinda sweet!
The sunset on the way home from the barn
Speaking of horses, I spent a weekend at Marmon for their Fall Festival.  It was cold and rainy, but God is so very good and has blessed me with amazing people, which I got to see that weekend.  Lizzie 'kidnapped' me and took me to a very wet football game.  Then I got to see Natalie, Meredith, Laura, Courtney, and some of the full time staff!  So refreshing! We had a blast together.  I can't wait to get everyone together this spring to see one another!

Mad game of round robin ping pong

Laura and Lizzie in the hot spot on the farm (figuratively and literally!)

We got a little muddy

Fall break was nice.  Josh and I had a fun trip home.  We stopped off in Mansfield to see Todd and Kelley, friends from church at school.  On the way back onto 30, we turned just in time to see Joe S. driving right beside us on his way home!  So weird!

I spent Friday with the family, watching movies (The Killers, a funny 'action' movie).  Saturday, I spent the day at Algonquin Mill, enjoying some fresh made cookies, some steam engines, and some time with great friends.

After that though, my handsome godson Bryon got to spend the night at my house!  He will be 2 in a few weeks and I can't make it to the birthday party, so I had him for the weekend.  It was his first time away from home without his mom or dad, so it was a big event for him!! He did so well, I'm so proud.  We got to play in the leaves, go on a moonlit walk (only because it gets dark now at 7:45), climb all over things, play with cars, all sorts of stuff. 
Cheese! He's got some wild hair.  Mom combed out the curls, so it's a bit frizzy

Playing with the plastic pumpkins

Chillen'
Sunday, I got to enjoy going to church and then coming home to see Bryon before he headed home with his mom.  I then got to head to see some of the kids at youth group.  So exciting and so hilarious.  After driving around with Miss Hannah for about a half hour, we ended up at the Lau's.  First order of business what YouTube videos, followed by a dose of whip cream to the face.  Oh and some cheerios too!  Check out some of these pictures:

 
Oh how I miss these guys!!

Monday and Tuesday I got to spend time with Corey as Mom went on a mini vacation (she totally got to fly an airplane!!!).  We had some fun.  I got to enjoy the fall weather.  OH WAIT!  The Dariette closed on Sunday, so I definitely went there for milkshakes.  You all are definitely missing out if you haven't checked out the Dariette :)  Anyways, I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with the Hoovers as well as with Pastor Dale and Matt.  Good times.  

Lastly, here are some other pics just because I love the fall and all it's beauty!!!

Lovin' the Dariette!
















        Did I mention that I Love the fall!!!!




 I will have to put up another entry on life as a college student trying to get a job, as that is quite the ordeal, but know that I've been doing that these past few weeks too and will update you all soon! Prayers for guidance and wisdom for the job search are much appreciated!

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun. It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth. -Psalm 19:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...