Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lots of catching up to do... Part 1

It has now been way over a month since I've updated here... So much exciting stuff has happened, but I think I'm just going to put it up in parts.

Part 1: Graduation from BGSU

Finals week came and went.  A lot of things happened that week.  Tuesday was really super cool.  I had my last riding lesson with Sue.  It went so well!  I totally cried on my way home.  I'm so going to miss my lessons with her.  I'm really glad I made it as far as I did, just so I could continue riding with her.  Such a blessing.  
My parents and I all dressed up
I arrived home from my lesson to find a letter on the banister from the Hoovers... Oh how I love them.  It brightened my day.  I then received a phone call from Laura! She ended up passing through BG, so I got to have lunch with her at Pita Pit!  It was such a blessing to spend time catching up with her and how her stay in Cincinnati has gone. God has done so many amazing things through her and it's so cool to hear about them. 
My dad and I are now both Alumni of BGSU!!
Wednesday was full of exams, but Thursday meant I got a visit from Reata.  She came to BG to take my bed away.  Now she has a nice comfy mattress and I didn't have to haul it home, haha.  After Reata left, I headed to Toleda to pick up Lisa!  What a trip.  I hate driving in Toledo, but it was totally worth it.  Lisa has been in Austria all year, so I haven't really gotten to see her, and it means my programming buddy was totally worthless in my graphics class... aka, she was across the globe and not taking it with me.  But that's okay.  She's doing amazing things too.  We spent the evening with Elisabeth and Patrick, so it was all good.  So nice to catch up. 
Dr. Zimmerman - such a cool guy :)
Friday came and so did my parents and Corey.  It was wonderful spending time with them on Campus.  We kind of went everywhere.  We left Corey at the motel with my grandma and then my parents and I headed to a banquet for my Latin Honors... but the real reason we went was to see my super awesome professor.  He's been amazing throughout my college experience.  He's helped me get my job and has given some super awesome advice.   He also did a musical with me last year, which was so cool to do.  I am glad my parents got to sit down and chat with him. 
I so love my family.  I've definitely been blessed.
So the big event (other than graduation) was that I get back to the hotel and Mom goes to pick up Corey.  Nothing out of the ordinary, right?  WRONG!!!  She comes walking up the stairs with none other than DAVID!!! Yes that's right, DAVID!!  He lives in Texas and since I had Nationals, he wasn't supposed to make it to my graduation..  Yet there he was.  Oh how I cried.  It was so nice to see him again.  Luckily my friend Brandon had an extra ticket to graduation, so everyone got to come. 
Love
I got to celebrate graduation with my friend Tim, so that was good.   I could see my family in the crowd.  I finally got a picture with Freddie and Frieda.  I've officially got my Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science, specialized in Business Systems.  Good stuff...  I think I'll miss BG, but not yet.  Too much excitement has happened since then for me to really miss it, but I'll tell you more about that in the next few parts... 
Oh siblings, how I love them :)
Up Next... Part 2: Nationals :)
(thus the excitement begins!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...