Sunday, June 10, 2012

Part 2 - Journey to Nationals

Where did I leave off... graduation... We left graduation and headed towards an airport in Dayton.  My flight left at 3:30 to go to Nationals.  We were having an awesome trip, but that apparently was meant to end when it dawned on me that I had forgotten my license in Bowling Green, an hour away.

This could be a problem.

Confession of a 22 year old... I forget everything. It's a really bad thing...

Pinned Image
Theme of the month...
After trying to see if it had been packed somewhere we hadn't looked, we decided to accept the fate that I didn't have my license.  David called us to tell us that you can get through security without a license, so thus we should try it.  Turns out you can get through security, but you can't get your plane ticket without it.  Thus I missed my flight.

Not cool.

I called Chris, my coach  that was in North Carolina waiting for me, to update her on the situation and she just told me to relax and take a deep breath.  [[ Cue waterworks here. ]]  We then decided to continue driving to Grandma's to figure out what to do next.
Me reading on the first part of the journey


We arrived and after calling a million and half places, the cheapest quote we found on a rental car for 12 hours was over 500 dollars!!  [Did you know most rental places close between noon and 1 on Saturdays... totally annoying].  I looked at Mom and then I looked at Grandma and just said, "Can't we just take Grandma?"  (Much love to my grandmother... She was totally excited to go, throwing her bathing suit in her suitcase, planning her beach vacation in N.C.  How funny?)
So happy she could come

Needless to say, the three of us (my mom, grandma, and myself) headed out.  I know that it wasn't planned to happen that way, but I must say, I'm totally glad it did.  I love traveling with them --> the proof is in the Jamaica trip.   We had a blast going to N.C.  It was a 12 hour drive filled with a cute diner in Kentucky (where I called Sue, my other coach who couldn't go to tell her about the missed flight.  Her advice - "When all this bad stuff happens before a show, it means you'll have a GREAT ride!)  I love my coaches!
Isn't the moon gorgeous?  God made such cool things
Anyway, so the cute little diner, the magic tunnel, the moon - which was the closest it's ever been to the earth, and lots of fun conversations.  Oh and I got time to read Harry Potter again, always fun.
We arrived at the hotel at 5:30 am on Sunday.  I had to be at the arena at 6 am for schooling of horses.  I got there and went up to Chris' room, where she was walking down the hallway.  I'm pretty sure I just stood there with my arms out, ready to cry and said, "I'm here." She just came and gave me a big hug and said okay let's go.

Yay for HP 7!!!!

I ended up just changing into jeans and a polo after giving Lauren a hug (she was already down there, LOVE!)  After a quick bite and a stop by my room to say bye to Grandma and Mom (and goodnight, they were tired), we drove to the arena...

And that is where I leave this post... up next Part 3 - IHSA Nationals.

I feel like the journey itself deserves its own post.  I'm very blessed with my family.   I can't believe they drove all the way from BG to Raleigh. Thank you so much to Mom and Grandma for getting me there.  /the adventure was kind of totally worth it.  Sorry for the forgotten license, but I don't think I would have wanted it any other way truthfully...

Aren't they the coolest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...