Friday, March 23, 2012

In the saddle

I'm going to take a break from Jamaica trip stuff, but rest assured, we will return!  In the meantime, I've got to share with you the awesome news that happened last weekend!  
 
I currently ride with our school's equestrian team.  It's a fun, odd word that just means we ride horses :)  I do Western Horsemanship, and I joined the team last year after I fell in love with the sport at Marmon. 

The riders and our coaches
This year, I qualified for Regionals.  To me, it didn't seem that big of a deal, but I was excited nonetheless.  We had 5 riders qualify and ride at regionals last Saturday.  On the way there, I told Reece that I was excited for the show to be over because then I could stop worrying about showing and just ride.  I was super stoked to just go to a lesson and not have to totally worry about position and all the details and stuff. [[I guess I had my fair share of all the little detail work with ballet...]] 

This was right after
I got my medal
As if God wanted to prove a point, I ended up eating my words later that day...  Long story short, I placed second in my class, which dubbed me with the fancy title of "Reserve Champion" in the walk-trot class.  [[p.s. I now ride walk, trot, canter... but you show the class below at regionals... fun stuff.]] With that fanciness, I received a really cool headstall with my fancy title on it.  Kinda cool, but totally unexpected!

On top of all that, it meant I moved on to the next step... Semi-Finals!  Never did I think I would make it this far.  God is so good and I'm so blessed to be able to spend time with His amazing creatures.  They teach us so much and are just beautiful.  

Two wonderful coaches.  Thanks for everything!
This week I got to ride a lot thanks to the wonderful people in my region letting me ride with their team.  I've loved my time in this sport and while I don't know what will happen tomorrow [[oh yeah, semi-finals are tomorrow]] I am going to be so sad when it's over.  My coaches are great and I will definitely miss them and the team. 


And I say to them, thanks for the awesome ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...