Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Family visits

By the time May 8 rolled around (keep in mind, only 3 days after I had graduated from college) I was so ready to just relax.  Graduation and Nationals took a lot out of me.  Lauren came back to my apartment with me after Nationals and helped me pack (well more like slept, but she was moral support)!  We parted ways and I headed home finally!
This is Dusty.  She is darling. 
I came home for a bit to spend some time with Dave, as he's not here all that much.  Lauren came to visit for a few days, which was so awesome.  We got to hang out with some horses, not really doing much, but still a horse is a horse right?  We spent a lot of time together and I'm so grateful she's in my life.  I can hardly believe that God has blessed me this much, but He really has.

That weekend, I drove to Dayton to stay with my grandma for a few days. We mostly just hung out, reading books, catching up on life, shopping, watching movies, you know, that kind of thing.  It was so nice to get away from my busy life for a few days.  I got addicted to my kindle touch (thank you Grandma!!!) and got lost in the Hunger Games.  I got them for my mom for Mother's day, but we share things, so I got to read them too!  Oh my, what an addicting series!!  Good thing I didn't start them until the end of my trip to Dayton.




I came back home for the evening, just to set out again, this time with my dad to North Carolina (again) to see my Aunt's family.  We stayed there for a couple days and had so much fun.  Every other time I've been out there, it's been for a wedding, so things are stressful, but this time we could just relax (notice the common theme here, relaxing?!?!). We stayed with my cousin Steph, her husband Nate, and their adorable little son, Jayden. 
Spending time in North Carolina

We got to spend some time with Dad's little guys (aka the nephews).  They are so much fun.  Carter, Rowen, and Jayden just took to 'Uncle Dave' like no other.  We got to have some great food at Aunt Lisa's, and great fun with my cousins.  [As well as being introduced to 'Chuck' the TV Series... thanks Nate!]

After the weekend, I finally got a week to chill at home.  There was a lot to do, but I got to spend some time with my family and a few friends.  It was really nice.  But Sunday came quickly, and I hopped a plane to California! But that's for another post!
Isn't he just the cutest little guy :)
Since I have pretty much taken the entire summer off, I'm going to do two things, because they are related.  Steph, Nate, and Jayden came out for a visit a few weeks back.  It was a lot of fun having them in town.  Plenty of corn hole was played (Nate did beat Dad... as he will proudly tell you, haha), but Grandpa definitely was the winner of corn hole.  Jayden loved playing in the little pool, and we found out he loves pretzels!  I'm really looking forward to seeing them again in October :)
Had a family get together... it was so much fun being with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...